Thursday, July 15, 2010

(Un)Lucky

I had the urge to scratch "Don't let anger get you down" into the side of the man's shiny gray car. I wanted to test him, to see if he would follow the words, or his emotions. I resisted, only because I already knew that he would let his anger cloak him until "justice" was served. That's all crime is, is something that was taken away, whether it be material, emotional, or power. No one would stop to think about what hadn't been taken away. The man would only be angry about the car, and all of the money that went into it, and the ruined picture-perfect paint. He would never stop to think that he still had $2,000 saved in an account for when his son got older and went away to college. He would never stop to think that he still had that son. The thought "At least I'm still alive and healthy," would be unlikely to cross his mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment