Wednesday, March 23, 2011

An Experiment on Sleepiness

Sleepifiednations of blueberry waffles on stacks of white bridges and frankincense flowers:
Just under the doorstep there sat a young boy, with a hat in his footstep and shiny silver toy.
"Now, see me hear this," the boy said so dearly, "No pennies to waste but my mum's hat old Beesely."
For only a seventy nickle and pound, a white crinoline dress was unfolded upside down.
With fluffy seem of fluffy seams, no dolly can part with a belted garnish.
Sitting still stiller, an orange and pear, no doorbell for ringing or knock knock to hear.
Windows in logs, with rot on the sides, watch little young children and greatly old brides.
No danger in wood shop or floral six prints, or books in white satin and a maid's hip.
No tea yet for boiling, but water aplenty, no sun for rock pulling or farmland for smelting.
Lacy blue button-ups and furnished old phones - cars are just hungry, in their weathered rusty bones.

I was falling asleep in my chair while chatting with someone, and typed all of these lines without thinking much. I said whatever came to my head - and when sleepy, it's anything - and connected thoughts in any way. I may try out some more of this later on, because it's actually quite interesting to know what I think about before I fall asleep, even if I don't know it at the time. Semi-conscious writing, anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment