Friday, April 12, 2013

Beatitudes



Prophet of the Tulips,
you never spoke,
but they still grew.

II 

And her hands on her arms
crumbling bricks
pool around her thighs
Take up arms
create a visage
in cool waves of fires
and the bright spots they leave
forever in her eyes

III

Into the water.

IV16:78

Abraham sighed,
sparing air to whistle
away the ice.

I've fallen on the mountaintops,
gardens rising around my eyes
and closing my pupils to sin for me.  
My knees in permanent crease 
and motif because the dirt 
is weaker than blades.  
Round and bitter, 
birthed of flesh.

Never solid, 
gray and pale in daylight.  
Freaks of nature and pupils 
ringed in orange; the death 
of leaves before they fall.
You have no action.

I breathe in! 
My mouth hangs open
and rushes to nowhere. 

 V

Give me water in many words.
Force them
DOWN MY
THROAT

Just bitter off the well-wood,
in gritty stones.
My teeth pop 
and KEEP
my eyes from
SHIVERING 
MY sickness

I'm one of 
those

VI

I hope you live a lie 
you're proud of.
Carve it in the smoke
and let it slither in 
the spaces between 
your teeth
and gasp with pleasure. 

VII 

She snarls on the counter-tops and hopes
for something better; yellow linoleum
and snowflakes stuck to the patio door.
Orange wallpaper, not peeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment