Thursday, May 30, 2013

Endings

            Tonight was the CHASMS launch party!  It was awesome, with epic live music and epic poets.  The Salt City Poetry Slam team evoked insane laughter and chills.  It was wonderful to hear the talent that is in and around this magazine.  I am proud!
            I was met by a person who is either naturally super-enthusiastic or was fangirling over me... which is completely flattering and shocking, either way.  I've had a few people tell me they like my work in the magazine, and it means a lot to me.  It means the magazine is actually being read!  Readership, FTW!!
            I do cry at endings, but I've been surprisingly devoid of tears at the ending of high school, and all the things that includes... I expect it will come eventually.  Literary magazine has truly been my favorite class.  Ever.  If I could have only attended that class, I actually would have.  The people are so funny and, as someone else said, like a (very weird sort of) family.  I will miss my classmates.  I will miss the writing and uncontrollable laughter. 
            Peace and love to all, beginnings and endings and beginnings.

No comments:

Post a Comment