Monday, March 24, 2014

Making fun of my diminutives

Should I hang back and watch the clouds roll across the mountains, without going to the mountains to pull them myself. Everything stays in my echoic memory and I try not to attend to it. The buzz of the refrigerator when the power flickers back on; that summer stayed sunny. But repetition comes in every snap and drawback, carelessly drawing your thoughts up in your arms before falling to red sleep. Everything is as real as it lays across your convalescent skin. 5/16" needled-out nights. He was real as his God hates his dopaminergic neurotic insomnia. Requiring or claiming more than is generally felt by others to be due: The language of inquiry, pedagogy of poetry.* Girls line up in the hall, barefoot in white. The candles fade into their hands, in and out of heavenly tapping along the carpet. I told him angels watch over his shoulder anyway. Unable to bend or be penetrated under pressure; hard: When what happens is not intentional, one can't ascribe meaning to it, and unless what happens is necessary, one can't expect it to occur again.* I mean untroubled by the distortions.* I mean untroubled by voiced concerns without dimes lined up between them. I choked on a dime. Language R is parallel to Language E, perhaps they cannot touch, so we fall into a translation (description) trance.* My aunts said, "Don't worry, it's just like chewing gum." Superstitions lined up on their sons' palms jammed open on the rocks, white and wide maggoting up through their fortunes. And another thing: devious, and cotton, but with sweetly analytical hacking and hilarity (I have said, and meant, that I want people to "get" this, and yet, with expansive sensations, I hate to "lighten up").* Fishing line and the kitchen table gone out from under their flowing fats, gathering crowds to prod at their grimaces. They don't use emergency rooms; he, on their other hands, always made sure to hide his stitches. So I just watch the clouds press their wide bodies against the mountaintops and keep my hands to myself.

*Lines from Lyn Hejinian's My Life.
Also present, dictionary.reference.com definitions of demanding and unyielding

No comments:

Post a Comment