Friday, April 13, 2012

Literary Magazine

          Because I haven't moved to tell anyone besides my mom yet, I'm one of the editors-in-chief (of sorts) of the lit mag, Chasms, at my school!  It's exciting just because I didn't think my stuff was that good, and I'm the only junior editor.  So yeah.  That's a thing, and I'm sorta proud of it.  I really do like writing.
          But I still didn't think other people would like my writing.  Apparently almost everything I've turned in to submissions this year has gone to the green basket to be put in the magazine... which is pretty crazy.  Especially because everyone hated the first poem I ever put in submissions in that class. X-)  I'm glad that Mr. Jessop has not had us writing many stories, since I don't have much confidence in them.  Which is again crazy, because when I took creative writing one, I liked writing stories more than poems.  Also... I forgot to post the story I wrote for that class.  It's sort of bad, because I stayed up and did it the night before it was due, but it has sarcastic funny moments, so that makes me like it. 
          And I wrote an essay for AP U.S. History tonight, and I hope I get an eight or nine on it. And I used the word "keel", which I really like.
          Unrelated to my own writing, I prefer One Direction -- a billion times over -- to Justin Bieber.  Have you ever noticed that Justin Bieber's "love" songs are all about him?  Whereas One Direction is singing about other people... which makes my heart flutter like I'm a little pre-teen girl who hasn't ever been loved by a boy in the lovey-dovey way, but wants it so badly.  They make me feel like I'm 12 years old!  It's not half bad.
          This has been a random update on writing-related things that is not actually a good piece of writing in itself!  Toodle-loo!

No comments:

Post a Comment