Friday, June 4, 2010

Alone

If I were all alone in the world,
Time would leave me be
And I would ultimately be happy.
When everyone is gone
It's so much easier to feel alone.
The only thing that compares is the wind in your ears,
Your hair in your face,
Rain making steady beat to your pace.

I can look up to the mountains
They are protectors
but of what?
I can picture them through trees
Instead of this urban jungle.
I can hear birds
Instead of the incessant pound and click
of wheels on fake ground.
I can feel the sun filtering through clouds gently
Instead of putting up fight to be seen
Through clouds of purple and green smog.
I can taste the rain falling on my lips
Instead of mingling in rainbow puddles.
I can smell dirt and wet grass
Instead of lawn clippings and pungent weed killers.
The world could be so beautiful,
It has so much potential to be
If only I was alone.
The urban jungle gone.
Just me.
The fake ground gone.
Just me.
The smog dispersed.
Just me.
The rainbow puddles drained.
Just me.
The weed-killers dead themselves.
Just me.

Humanity has the poison touch.
Take anything with worth-
Don't worry, it won't hurt much-
Place it in a sterile white building.
There are masks
And gloves
And smelling bottles and utensils passed around
Like a sick masquerade
Put up like the rest of the world is on one big freak parade

Bright lights.
White walls.
Glass bottles.
Metal utensils.
Elastic gloves.
Synthetic masks.
Like a sick masquerade.

No comments:

Post a Comment