Sunday, June 6, 2010

SensibleDrawing


Last night at 1 o'clock in the morning, this is what came out of me sitting on my bed. It is the first drawing ever that I've done that somehow showed to me exactly how I was feeling. I wasn't thinking about what I was drawing. Some of the things that I say are in the picture are not physically in the picture, just in my emotions as I view it. I just wish I understood more fully what I meant by it all.

-The drawing pad is upside down.
-It is a self portrait. I am the person in the picture, but my position is as the viewer; I am in the picture, but I am the one looking at myself as well.
-The head is a reflection of my position.
-The body is exactly how I was positioned.
-The chair legs never end.
-The book has words, but the words are not in the picture; they are floating above the page.
-The wall goes on forever in either direction
-The darkness is always moving, like rippling waves.

1 comment:

  1. I like it a lot. The shadowing is very dramatic, and I like your concept.

    ReplyDelete